Chemicals and Nutrients for Your Brain
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. The problem with these drugs, however, it that they do not cure the real cause of the problem, only the symptoms. In many cases, people who have been prescribed anti-anxiety drugs have a strong dislike for them. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Stress can be relieved by a warm cup of Chamomile tea. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. Tryptophan consumed through food also helps in relieving anxiety.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. Stress and anxiety can be brought to a manageable level with these foods. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Depressive disorders and anxiety are relieved with the regular use of turmeric. Turmeric aids in digestion, healing, reducing inflammation of joints, and maintaining a balanced blood sugar level.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Deficiency in zinc causes anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.